In November of 2016 the Dinsmore closed for an extensive remodel after 13 years of continuous service. The Dinsmore is now re-opened, with extensive renovations to the entire property and every guest room has been upgraded. We are still in the process of having all new photos of the inn post-remodel, but newe photos are being posted as they arrive. To book online please click here.
The décor of The Dinsmore provides an elegant twist on traditional Colonial charm. Rooms combine mid-century finishes with classic French elements and throughout the property there's an ambiance of updated Southern luxury.
[Note: The photos of the inn and guest rooms are pre-renovation and do not represent the appearance of the rooms once the renovation is complete. We will update our photos as they come availabe in late spring.]
Nestled in the heart of Charlottesville, Virginia, The Dinsmore is a luxury boutique inn located in a fully restored, three-story 1817 Federal-style townhouse.
Boasting Charlottesville's most central location, The Dinsmore is located in the vibrant Corner district, half a mile from the historic downtown pedestrian mall. The original house was built in 1817 by James Dinsmore, who was Thomas Jefferson's master builder. Dinsmore was instrumental in building Monticello for Mr. Jefferson, James Madison's Montpelier and the Rotunda at the University of Virginia. The Dinsmore is a short walk to dozens of local restaurants and boutique shopping. We are across the street from University of Virginia Medical Center and a five-minute walk to the Lawn on the UVA Grounds.
- Eight king rooms and one queen room
- High ceilings, original windows and hardwood floors
- Refurbished en suite bathrooms
- Urbane tea room
- Two granite terraces with water feature and topiaries
- Garage parking included
- Free high speed fiber-optic internet
- Complimentary use of cruiser bicycles
- Curated concierge service
- Luxury sheets, linens and bathrobes
- Smart TV with Dish, Netflix, etc. in each guest room
- Keurig coffee maker with Starbucks coffee and Tazo tea in room
- Hairdryer, iron and make-up mirror
- Collection of natural botanical bath amenities
The Dinsmore breakfast is a celebration of local ingredients and time honored recipes
From the highest quality mattresses to luxurious linens, our beds were designed with your comfort in mind
The Dinsmore Boutique Inn offers Virginia's most comprehensive and customizable packages. From decadent in-room amenties, to private day-long itineraries, our goal is to make your occassion special.