The Dinsmore Room
We named this room (and the Inn) after Thomas Jefferson’s master carpenter, James Dinsmore, who designed and built this Charlottesville home. The room is located on the second floor of the house, facing Main Street. There are four large windows across the front of the room, providing ample natural light. The room has a sitting area and a claw-foot soaking tub with separate shower in the private bathroom.
The Dinsmore Room was the original master bedroom when the home was built as a private residence in 1817. It shares a hallway with the Madison Room, Library Room and Sleeping Porch. The room also connects (through a privacy double-door) to the Jefferson Suite. Often when families are traveling together, they reserve both the Dinsmore Room and Jefferson Suite, and then unlock the double doors to create a roomy apartment.
If you choose The Dinsmore Room for a romantic getaway, be sure to consider our selection of in-room amenities to make your stay even more memorable.
- High ceilings, original windows and hardwood floors
- Refurbished en suite bathrooms
- Free high speed fiber-optic internet
- Complimentary use of cruiser bicycles
- Luxury sheets, linens and bathrobes
- Smart TV with Dish, Netflix, etc. in each guest room
- Keurig coffee maker with Starbucks coffee and Tazo tea in room
- Hairdryer, iron and make-up mirror
- Collection of natural botanical bath amenities