[Note: Some of the guest room pictures reflect the refurbished rooms and some of the new photos are coming soon.]
The Dinsmore Boutique Inn in Charlottesville, Virginia offers nine guestrooms, each tastefully decorated, with a combination of antiques and contemporary furniture, designed for your comfort. All of our guest rooms have a private bathroom, and each room has guest-controlled air conditioning, heat and the modern amenities you expect in a boutique inn.
The Dinsmore is a Federal-style townhouse (circa 1822) built by James Dinsmore, an Irishman who was Thomas Jefferson’s master builder and joiner. The inn’s guest rooms hearken back to that era. Some are large rooms with high ceilings; some are more moderate in size. We want you to feel like you’re staying in an historic southern home, but we also know that comfortable beds and luxury linens matter when you’re traveling.
Every room at the inn is different. Several of our rooms can accommodate a third person, if you are traveling with a child or friend. Two of the guest rooms (Virginia and Veranda) are on the first floor if you have a hard time with steps, though neither are wheelchair accessible. We have some repeat guests who stay in a different room every time they visit and others who choose the same room every time.
- Eight king rooms (two of which are suites) and one queen room
- High ceilings, original windows and hardwood floors
- Refurbished en suite bathrooms
- Free high speed fiber-optic internet
- Luxury sheets, linens and bathrobes
- Smart TV with Dish, Netflix, etc. in each guest room
- Keurig coffee maker with Starbucks coffee and Tazo tea in room
- Hairdryer, iron and ironing bord
- Collection of natural botanical bath amenities
- Premium mattresses
- Device charging base
- Heating and air conditioning with individual room temperature control
Note: While six of the nine guestrooms have fireplaces, they are historic coal-burning fireboxes and are not operational.
|Room||Bed||Floor||Private Bath||3rd Person||Bath Type|
|Dinsmore||King||Second||Yes||Fold-out Sofa||Tub and Shower|
|Madison||King||Second||Yes||Yes – Futon||Shower|
|Balcony||King||Second||Yes||No||Tub and Shower|
|Library Loft||King||Second||Yes||Fold-out Sofa||Shower|
|Main Street||King||Second||Yes||No||Tub and Shower|
|Veranda||King||First 6 steps||Yes||No||Shower|
|Virginia||King||First 1 step||Yes||No||Shower|